I use a lot of different web apps to manage things at MediaLeaf. We try to use 3rd-party apps whenever we can to avoid reinventing the wheel. We don’t have the manpower to be spending time duplicating the functionality of others, so I typically don’t have a problem paying monthly for tools that are useful to us.
I love promoting the great work of others, so I’m going to give you a rundown of all the great apps that we use regularly. The list only includes the apps that I currently have paid accounts to. I have free accounts for many other apps. I’m probably also gonna forget a couple of apps. Here goes (in no particular order):
- Mailchimp – The best marketing email platform around
- Followup.cc – I’ve written about Followup.cc before.
- Tout – Simplifies the process of sending repetitive emails. I use this for finding leads.
- Basecamp and Highrise from 37signals – All of the 37s products are exceptional and need no introduction.
- Endicia – Handles all of my mailing needs
- ThinkVitamin Membership – Great set of training resources. I haven’t used TVM anywhere near as much as I need to.
- Zendesk – I should get a volume discount at Zendesk due to the number of helpdesks I have setup with them.
- SEOmoz.org and DIYSEO – I have 2 different apps for tracking/optimizing SEO. One day I’ll condense these down into just 1 app.
- Beanstalk – Hosted SVN solution that works really well for us.
- Postmark – Great system for handling all of our transactional emails.
- Hootsuite – The best social media management console.
If you have an app that you’d like me to consider then feel free to email me.
Image credit: Scott Ingram Photography on Flickr