Our team at MediaLeaf is pretty small, so there are many, many ideas that we have that we know we’ll never get to. I figured I would do a public service post and just give 10 of these ideas away. These ideas are completely free and up for grabs. Some of them may have even been already attempted, but there isn’t any implementation popular enough for me to know about it. These are in no particular order.
- Positive news aggregator. 99% (just my gut feel) of the news reported is negative. Positive news is a nice niche market.
- Visual marketing email design app. The key here would be that designs could be exported to major email service providers.
- In-depth email marketing analytics. Major email providers provide some basic analytics, but detailed reporting and A/B analysis could be extremely helpful.
- Mobile app to take a daily picture of yourself. Would be able to show slideshows, flipbook-style animations of how you change over time. App would send notifications to remind you to take a daily picture.
- Generic social profiles. Portable, pre-populated social network profiles for fictitious users. Useful for dev purposes on new social sites.
- Hyper-local shopping. Mobile app to visually browse/search inventory at stores as you walk by. Promotions can help catch passers-by.
- 3rd generation business directory. Aimed at online B2B companies. Would require being recommended by X number of users before being listed. Kind of like a curated list of popular B2B apps.
- Weekly meal planner. Mobile app that would allow you to enter your favorite meals and help you decide how to plan your week’s meals.
- Email reminder service. Would let you schedule recurring tasks to be emailed to you on a periodic basis. Would allow snoozing and reminding of tasks. Create recurring tasks simply by sending an email. Like followup.cc for recurring tasks.
- Social media marketing conversation topics. Could be a private, paid mailing list. Each week would feature X number of conversation topics and advice.
What do you think about the ideas listed? Interested in trying one or more of them? Have any others to add to the list?
Disclaimer: I bear no responsibility for the quality or viability of these ideas. It’s likely that a lot of people will see these same ideas, so if you see one you like then you should move on it quickly.
Image Credit: zophonias on Flickr